Last modified: Fri Jan 13 08:11:07
This page is meant to keep users informed on features that have been commonly requested and known bugs that exist in the current version. You can contribute to TaskCards development by reporting bugs and requesting features you want to see in TaskCard.
You may also be interested in seeing the version history which outlines all changes since the first release.
- iPhone and iPad companion apps.
- Tabs appear on screen while the app is hidden (in Hide/Show like Dashboard mode).
- "Smart Sheets" which would show cards from other sheets depending on a set of criteria you set (like tags).
- "Smart Cards" which are like smart sheets except they could be used to show tasks that match a certain criteria (like high priority and overdue 2 days).
- Extra meta-data for cards such as created/modified date, tags (for searching, smart sheets) and comments.
- Card Archiver which you could use to store old cards for reference. Probably to be called the "File Cabinet"
- Movable sheets in the sheet browser (now they are kept in a fixed alphabetical order).
- Sheet manager which could be used to control which sheets are shown in the browser. Currently there's just not enough space for all the sheets people want to create. I think this feature is going to be called "Books".
- Searchable cards and sheets.
- Webs connecting tasks and cards for mind mapping.
- Faster sheet loading times.
- Scrollbars in cards.
- Plain text "note" cards.
- Timers for tasks.
- Sync with Toodaloo, Evernote and other web services.
- Delete completed tasks after a specified delay (1 day, 2 weeks etc...)
- Specific time intervals to show the helper (every 2 hours, at 12:00AM etc...)
- Add attachments from the Finder and other apps using Services.
- "List" tasks which are just a dash or numbered by order without the checkbox.
- Preferences to define keyboard commands.
- Custom skins besides the default card design.
- Badge over app icon in the Dock which shows the number of overdue tasks in all sheets .
- Make a TaskCard a Cocoa app which will improve overall performance and open the door for being 64-bit in the future. Currently TaskCard is built in Carbon the legacy framework which is near to obsolete.
- Task Log. The task equivalent of the "Card Archiver" which stores old completed tasks in a database so you can review/restore your task history. Completed tasks could be moved to the log on demand or automatically when completed tasks are older than 30 days for example.
- Task Overview. A new view in TaskCard which would let you overview all tasks in all sheets and arrange them priority, status etc...
- Task Calendar. A new view in TaskCard which would let you review all dated tasks in a calendar view.
- Snap to grid is causing erratic card movement (since 1.6.x).
- TaskCard is now a fully Cocoa app leaving behind the legacy framework Carbon. This for now means better performance overall, the ability to become 64-bit and new animation effects that couldn't be done before.
- Cards can now accept dragging plain text to create tasks.
- The multiple monitors window has been changed to a single menu item in the File menu.
To report bugs and request features please contact the developer at [email protected]. Thanks guys!